Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving break

We kicked off Thanksgiving weekend with a DELICIOUS meal prepared by Michael's mom. She is truly a great cook. After that we hung out and then headed for gpa Simmons' house to spend some time with my family. The next day we went back to the farm for annual preg testing of the cows. Jan always cooks a yummy lunch that day as well. On Saturday we went to Mildred's to say hi to Michael's aunt Cheryl & Max Esplin, Uncle Gaylen, Uncle Clark & aunt Kristy. Kandace was lucky enough to help her great aunt Cheryl put curlers in great gma Asay's hair. She is such a girl and loves to do anything girly. After that we had lunch at cowtown and just enjoyed a quiet day at home. That night we took the kids to Puss n boots at the hyart and Stan & Jan watched Janelle.
Stetson was so excited--he is asking questions non stop these days..what does this word mean, why is this like that, and so on. I'm glad he's so inquisitive. Kandace is testing our patience but we are oh so crazy about her. She actually cut my hair the other day. I was visiting with the primary pres. in the living room and she climbed behind me without me realizing it and by the time I looked back I saw she had scissors in her hand. I gasped, immediately put my hand on my hair to feel for missing hair and sure enough she'd taken like an inch off, but you can't really tell (at least I don't think so).
I've recently discovered that I am over scouting in the primary presidency, and this is no simple task. I'm trying hard to get things figured out and do the best I can. It will be a challenge!
The kids are excited about Christmas. Its always a struggle for me to find a balance between the magic of getting presents/santa, etc, and teaching the true meaning of Christmas. I'm excited to get the nativity out and talk about the sweet baby Jesus.
I'm still loving singing in the stake choir.























































4 comments:

Mark & Shayla said...

She cut your hair! That is a little funny. I love the pictures of all the cousins together.

Kimberly said...

I love the picture of all the little kids on the couch together! A girl I used to baby-sit for cut my hair once. I was NOT happy!

Brenda said...

Love the pictures! Especially the classic Asay tractor one!

Em said...

Love the picture with the tractor, I have always loved the pics with the tractors or old trucks.