Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lately

Lately my kids have been making me a little crazy. Stetson is almost ALWAYS asking me questions, wanting to play games, wanting me to guess something, wanting me to watch something, you get the picture. I love that he is so inquisitive and enthusiastic, but sometimes I just need some peace and quiet!! Kandace can hardly get a word in because he's so vocal. Tonight after prayers he asked me why we say prayers. I saw this as a perfect teaching opportunity and tried hard not to mess it up. I said because every night we need to tell Heavenly Father what we're thankful for, like our warm house, our clothes, food, etc. I then told him its a chance to ask for things, but that Heavenly Father doesn't always give us what we want, but that he gives us what he needs. Ironically, Stetson said he needed Jesus. He asked me if Heavenly Father would give Jesus to Stetson, and I said yes. I said we can't see him, but we can feel him and see pictures of him.

I went to YW in excellence tonight and I am SO SO glad I did. There was a special spirit there, and I thought about how I need to share the gospel with others because who wouldn't want THIS for their daughter? These girls shared a variety of talents from quilting to self-defense. I was especially touched when I saw a very tall, pretty girl with dark hair stand up to present her project. I thought to myself, one day my girls are going to be standing up there presenting projects, and they might look a little like this girl. It made all my crazy, hard days worth it. I have been so in the moment, forgetting that these days will pass, and one day I'll think, "wow time has flown by."

1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

It is so easy to get caught up in every day stuff and forget that. Thanks for the reminder