Friday, November 4, 2011

4 months



My precious Janelle turned 4 months yesterday. She is a dream. I go get her usually around 8 or 8:30 for her first feeding. After that, she's awake for about an hour, and then I simply lay her down. I don't rock her or anything. Now rocking your babe to sleep can be a special time, and I've loved the times I have, but lets be honest, I have 2 other kids to take care of, a house to clean, bills to pay, etc, so its a blessing to be able to lay her down. After like a 1 1/2 hr nap I simply go wake her up again and feed her. We follow this cycle throughout the day, so she ends up with 4-5 feedings and about 3 naps. During her wake time she is amazing, I say amazing because it truly amazes me that she hardly cries, she just kicks her feet and "talks" to me. I usually put her in the bouncer on the kitchen counter so she can watch my cook breakfast for the kids if its in the morning. Other times of the day she usually kicks on the floor, sits in her bumbo, bouncer or on my lap. She is independntely happy and usually doens't need us to constanly bounce or entertain her. I find myself going to pick her up and enjoy her just because I want to, not because she's crying to be held. She sleeps almost 12 hrs a night. I've been pumping and giving her bottles, which is good. It helps my supply stay up and gives me freedom. Like last night, I pumped a bottle and gave it to Jan to give her when I was with Michael.

Janelle if you are reading this I hope you know you are an angel and everyone here loves you like crazy. :)xoxox MOM

No comments: