Friday, November 4, 2011

date night.

For the last couple weeks, Michael has been spending all his time off work at the farm. His dad is harvesting his beets and its a real critical time for him. I've been complaining because he's been gone so much, but I'm in the wrong because I'm being selfish and not thinking about the bigger picture. I love that Michael is so anxious to help and please his dad. He's a good boy. :) Yesterday Jan watched the kids and I got to ride along. We took 2 loads in (about 14 tons each). We watched the beets go up the piler and into the "big pile" that everyone can see as they go in and out of Lovell. Then we went back to the farm to fill up. Michael's dad drives the digger, which digs the beets. The 2nd to the last picture is of the topper, and it takes the tops off the beets before Stan digs them up. Once we get filled up we head back to town where we get weighed, drop the beets, weight again and then get a ticket. I've always been impressed at how patient Stan is during harvest (and all the time for that matter). Trucks are always breaking down and other things are always going wrong, but I've never seen him lose his cool. He has great faith it seems like, that everything will work out, and it always does. The Lord takes care of us.



















No comments: