Sunday, May 1, 2011

On the road again

Last Th (4.28.11) was the first day of our Utah adventure last week. I have an old roommate who lives in Farson, WY which was on the way so we stopped. I'd been wanting to for a while and we finally made it happen. I love this girl. For one, she lives in Farson, and no offense to any Farsonians, but really, it doesn't seem like a dream destination but she is the type of girl who loves life, deals with it and makes the best of everything/anything that comes her way. Her husband teaches at the K-12 school there which is right across the street from her house. She's a super duper mom and I'm grateful for the example she's been in my life. I got to go home with her once to Dayton, ID when we were roomies and I remember it well. She comes from a large, hard-working LDS family and you could feel a special spirit from the moment you walked in the door. Her stay at home mom was the queen of everything domestic and good (canning, mothering, nurturing, etc.) and her quiet but comical dad was the superintendent of their school district. We watched general conf. that weekend and when we sat down for dinner we were taking turns talking about our favorite talks and Becky's mom suddenly burst out that "she just wanted Jared (Becky's single, older brother) to marry someone with dark hair and brown eyes so she could have a brown eyed grand baby." LOL

3 comments:

Mandi Burrell said...

SO FUN!!! Miss you two, glad you got to meet up. You look so cute prego by the way!

Mark & Shayla said...

How fun that you got to stop and see Becky! Hope you guys had a good visit. I loved looking at all the pictures of your trip and Joel's wedding.

Unknown said...

Emily, I am so behind on blogging/reading. It was awesome seeing you and thanks for all the nice things you said about the fam. I loved the memory you had of my Mom I had totally forgotten about the brown eye comment, but it sounds just like home. It was really nice to talk to you and I loved meeting your family. Your husband seems perfect for you and your kiddos are ADORABLE!