Friday, December 18, 2009

Stetson turns 3!

Yesterday my big boy turned 3. The night before his bday as I was laying by him in bed, I was thinking about how 3 years ago at that exact same time, I was sitting in Michael's gma Asay's living room timing my contractions using Michael's notepad on his cell phone. It was so exciting! When we got home that night I called the nurse, she told me to get all the rest I could, so I took a hot tub, (still timing my contractions and writing them down) and folded laundry while listening to mormon tabernacle choir sing Christmas songs on the BYU channel. Michael was snoozing, so I woke him up and we decicded to head to the hospital. We got there about 1 am, got checked in and they had me take laps around the hospital to get things moving, and did they ever. It was then that I broke down (partly because of pain probably) because I realized my life was about to change forever and I didn't know if I was ready for it! Well 3 years later I can say for sure I don't think anyone can be totally ready for the arrival of a sweet spirit but we're certainly glad this little Stetson made his way into our arms 3 years ago. We love you Stetson.





7 comments:

Tracy said...

Such a cute boy!! It's really hard to believe he is 3!!!

Brenda said...

What a sweet post Emily, he is a sweet little boy!

Jill Asay said...

We hope he had a great birthday! The cake looks great!

Kimberly said...

Wow, I can't believe he's three already! Cute cake - did you do it?

jsmbbaker said...

Yay! I can't believe he's already 3! That's crazy! Hey- so let me know how you feel about the party on Wednesday!

The Asay's said...

I wish I could of made it to his birthday. Jan told me he loved his Elmo cake. Happy birthday Stetson

Sarah B. said...

Happy Birthday, Stetson!