Saturday, December 5, 2009

A labor of love...


...or something like that. Michael and all his co-workers in the lab are sending care packages to the soldiers and Michael signed up for cookies so he's been making peanut butter cookies all night...about 12 dozen. Michael is such a good cook. The other night I didn't have anything planned for dinner so he said he'd make potato soup. I was a little skeptical because he didn't have a recipe and hadn't really made it before but it turned out soooo good. He made a rue (which he's made a lot because he makes biscuits and gravy a lot) and added all the veggies and kind of made it up as he went. This is so not my style-- I am such a recipe follower. I NEVER make stuff up because I have no confidence in myself I guess. But Michael's always adding a little bit here, a little bit there but it usually ends up really good.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

What a great guy!! The cookies look delish!!

Brenda said...

I'm impressed Michael! They look great! And Emily, you are a great cook, you will get braver as time goes on to add your own flare to things. You've got a lot more years of cooking ahead of you.

Sarah B. said...

YAY for men that can cook! :-)

Kim said...

I heard the Lab was doing this and thought it was a great idea! I'm sure they will enjoy the goodies!

Jill Asay said...

what a cool idea! Michael must take after Jan...she's a great cook and can come up with the best dishes like it's nothing! keep up the good work Michael!!

Laura said...

I could never make anything without a recipe either! That is amazing he can do that! That is cute Kandace likes spaghetti just like her mommy. Remember you always wanted to go on a mission to Italy so you could eat spaghetti all the time?!