Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bonfire


We had a little bonfire out by happy jack road yesterday. We had hotdogs, chips, s'mores and pop. Yum-O. You can't beat hot dogs (that is if you're a hot dog lover like I am). The scenery was beautiful, the trees are starting to change colors and I love that. Stetson had a good time, too. He liked picking up sticks off the ground and poking things with them. The only down side was when Michael was changing Stetson's diaper on the trunk and it started pouring rain (poor Stetson). Luckily Joel came to the rescue with an umbrella and covered him 'til Stetson was done being changed. I got called today to be the primary secretary. I like being so close to the nursery room so I can go get a quick glimpse of Stetson playing every now and then. I can't tell you how proud I feel when I peak through the window and see him sitting on his chair at the table eating his snacks. So cute. Well here's more pics of our fun bonfire.
It was so cute to watch Stetson just plop himself down in this chair and eat his graham cracker. I wish we could find him one like it for cheap.
Charlotte
Sarah, Joel, baby Adam & Michael

11 comments:

Sarah R said...

Emily, thanks for posting those pictures! And I'm so glad you guys were able to stick around long enough to get rained on. :)

Mormon Mama said...

Hi Emily,
Thank you for the nice note on my blog. It made me smile. So, I linked to your blog and really enjoyed it. I have to say that Stetson and Baby on the Way and all the other little spirits you welcome into your home are privileged little people to be coming to such a great set of parents. I love watching faithful young Latter-day Saint couples welcoming children into their homes. I'm sure it makes Heavenly Father very pleased to be able to send His choice spirits into such homes.

Emily S. said...

I can't believe how big Stetson looks sitting in that chair eating his cracker! I guess that happens when you don't get to see you guys every week!! Hope you are well and it looks like you are having fun!!

Jill Asay said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Trish said...

Way to take advantage of the weather before we're stuck inside for 6 months. :o) That should be a fun calling. Last year around this time Trevor found some little chairs like that in the Outdoor section at Wal-mart for $5-$6 on clearance. Our kids totally love them too.

The Asay's said...

Emily,
those are super cute pictures of Stetson at your bonfire. Looks like you guys had loads of fun

Tracy said...

Emily,
I'll have to think about it for awhile, just a card or a cute, simple gift too?

Kara said...

I'm surprised that sugardoodle.net didn't have anything. That's usually my old reliable :). http://theideadoor.com is also an excellent site for all sorts of primary stuff, but here is the link for just the baptism section. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
http://theideadoor.com/Primary/Baptism.html

Tracy said...

It's me again, check out this site for some cute candy bar wrappers.
http://lds.about.com/od/visualmusicalaids/a/bar_wrappers_3.htm

Maybe you could do two one for primary birthday and one for baptism, but them in a cellophane bag and tie with cute ribbon and put a tag on it that says something about 8th Birthdays being special, congratulations on your baptism and enjoy the "Sweetness" of the Spirit.

I don't know....I'll keep looking!

Kim said...

Hey Emily,

Thanks for the comment its nice to hear from you. I'm pretty sure she's a girl, tomorrow will be our 6th ultrasound but I have them check everytime just in case. Stetson is adorable!

Laura said...

That looks so fun! I love s'mores. Stetson is getting so big and still cute as ever!! They have little chairs like that with characters on them at Walmart!