Friday, August 8, 2008

Today's mood:


Tomorrow morning at 6 AM (at least thats the plan) we'll be saying farewell to Zionsville. We couldn't have asked for better hosts, but I miss my own house in Laramie (among a million other things). Michael's coming home early today to help pack and everything so we can get on the road asap. We're going to drive the 5 hours to Nauvoo tomorrow, visit the sites (I'm waaaaaaaaay excited about that) and then drive the rest on Sunday. Then we'll spend almost a week in Laramie then hop in the car again on Friday for Matthew & Charlene's wedding. Well thats about all the exciting news I can tell you today. I cannot belive how summer flies by, but surprisingly enough, I love seasons and am excited for the changes.

Quick shout out to some super cutie pie kiddos.

L-R:
Dallen 5yrs. Dallen was SOOOOOOO full of life. You wouldn't belive how excited this kid would get. I loved it. His favorite things to do were go swimming and look for slugs. :)
Xavier 12 yrs. Xavier was HUGE help and I'm glad he was there to help me. He was great with Stetson and helped take the edge off when things got crazy!
Meghan 8 yrs. Meghan was my sassy little comedian. We'd be driving to Dallen's soccer practice, and as we'd be pulling into the parking lot, I'd hear a sweet little voice say, "Great job, Emily. You're a great driver!" See Michael? I AM a good driver. :-) And when I'd cook something for dinner that looked yummy to her, without fail, with a smile on her face she would say, "Mmmm I've never had that before!" (Even though I'm pretty sure she had). Little girls like Meghan are angels sent from God and I'm glad I got to meet her.

2 comments:

Jill Asay said...

I can't believe you guys are going home already...my how time flies! Have fun touring Navoou (or how ever you spell it)! We will see you Thursday night...if it's still ok we come and stay with you guys! I'm sure we'll be in contact before then! Have fun!

The Howell's said...

Hey Emily!! This is Jane Howell from the ward. I know this is kindof weird but, I was wondering when you were going to be back in Laramie? Mary Brasher contacted me and they need a primary chorister. She's kindof freaking out a little and I was put in charge with finding you. If you could just email me(futbol252@hotmail.com) letting me know, that would be great. Other than that, I hope had a good summer and be careful driving. See ya later.