Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sheep mountain

Last Saturday I wanted to take the kids swimming from 1-3.  Michael wanted to go to the farm.  Michael won.  Sometimes it happens that way.  We got picnic food  to eat at sheep mountain which always consists of healthy food, like greasy fried chicken, chips, cookies, pops, and potato salad.  The kids love riding in the "back back" of the pickup so they all hopped in as we took the treacherous road up to sheep mountain, and treacherous is no joke.  Kandace actually cried on the way up there and asked to sit in the pickup on the way back.  I remember sitting in the suburban (I think) and going up there for the first time and hearing Jan talk about how scary it was, and it was since there's parts where the road is like slanted, and there's cliffs on both sides of you, but with Stan driving I had no fear.  Now Michael drives and I have fear. HA!  I also remember going up there for one of our annual labor day picnics with the Asays and Janelle was a newborn and she cried the whole way there.  So Stahle fell asleep on the way up, so we had our lunch and Michael took the kids on a hike while I stayed with sleeping beauty.  After they got back from the hike and Stahle woke up, we headed a different direction for another hike to get some fossils which the kids thought was super cool.



1 comment:

Jill Asay said...

We haven't been up on Sheep mountain since I was pregnant with Landon! Looks like a great adventure. Travis was sure excited about the devil's toenail Kandace gave him!