Thursday, June 19, 2014

swimming lessons

 We took swimming lessons at the YMCA this year.  With our scholarship and member discount it ends up being only $23/kid which is a steal of a deal.  I should put my kids in more sessions because they're progressing so much but we'll see.  I wanted to get them all at the 9 session but Kandace's class was full so hers is in the evening while Janelle's is at 9 and Stetson's is at 9:45.  Janelle missed the age requirement for the beginner class just barely, so we were in the 6-36 mos mommy and me class which she LOVED.  I got to get in with her which was fun.  She is a crazy girl full of energy and personality.  She got lots of attention during lessons, that's for sure.
Stetson did the intermediate class and did awesome.  He can swim the short length of the pool by himself, tread water and float and all sorts of fun stuff.  He's almost independent in the water which will be a happy day for me.
We've been going to Rose Park pool a little bit (weather hasn't been great) and I think it will be nice when I can just send him to the big pool and not have my hands so full.  I don't have pics of Kandace's class yet.  I'm taking her tonight so I'll get some then.


 Stetson loved lessons and was super cooperative and receptive to his teacher.  He always had a huge smile like this on his face.  Michael calls Stetson's swimming style "controlled drowning."
me and my little show stopper.  She loves the water too and had a great time.  Lessons were right during boot camp and spinning so I haven't been for a while and am super excited to get back at it if I can handle it. :)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Your kids are looking so big!