Saturday, May 5, 2012

Kandace goes to prom

Last night was the big night!  The kids drove me crazy all day becasuse I was trying to make a rag quilt and be mom while Michael was gone at work but the day ended great.  Kandace went to get her hair done by aunt Kasi at 8:15, we went to the Hyart (where Kandace asked "mom are we going to the movies?") took lots of pictures and then Jan took Trav & Kandace to backstage while Jill & I got to enjoy the grand march kid free.  Sweet!  It was fun to watch at the Hyart because it was easier to see everyone and the seats were comfy!  After the grand march, last year's royalty brought the crown bearers out and Kandace and Travis looked just dashing in their matching attire (the cutest part I thought).  They let the girl crown bearers wear the crowns that would be given to the royalty and I knew Kandace was in heaven.  When they took her crown off her head to give it to the royalty I'm pretty sure I heard her say "my crown!"  She had a mini melt down afterwards because I think she thought she was actually going to the dance part of prom, which was held at the community center after all the hyart hoopla.   We are glad Kandace has such an awesome uncle Jacob to let her be crown bearer!





2 comments:

Kimberly said...

She is adorable! I got to be a crown bearer when I was little. I remember it being so much fun. Why did Lovell do their Grand March at the Hyart???

The Asay's said...

Kandace looks adorable. I bet she loved it so much!