Thursday, May 10, 2012

Did I seriously just cry at my 5 year old's preschool graduation?? yes, yes I did.

Today my boy graduated from the VIP preschool in Lovell!  I wasn't expecting to get emotional in the least bit until I walked into the building and saw one of Stetson's sweet teachers handing out programs.  After I got done talking to one of the teachers who is leaving this year, I got really teary and Michael looked at me and said, "are you seriously crying?"  Poor guy, to have such a bawl baby for a wife.  :)  Stetson's teachers at VIP are simply wonderful.  They always make us feel like we are so special, even though Stetson is just one of many that attended VIP this year (there's 3 classes).  The teachers had prepared a scrapbook for each student including pictures throughout the year and funny "surveys" that the kids filled out.  One survey asked the student their favorite senses and they asked what he loves to see and my heart melted when I read "my mom."  One of my favorites though was "My Feelings" survey: I am MAD when: "well..I got mad when daddy said I threw a fit!"--Stetson.  One survey asked his favorite kind of meat, and in true Asay fashion, he answered: "Grandma Asay's"--Stetson  The whole scrapbook was so awesome to look at, including pics of the MANY fun things they did and saw like trips to the red apple, the fire station, a farm, and lots more.  We were glad that gpa Simmons, gma Asay, Charlene, Ian, Michael, Kandace & Janelle could come.  Stetson you are so very special to us.  We love you and happy graduation from VIP!




2 comments:

Em said...

What a cute little graduation!

Jill Asay said...

Yay for Stetson! Just wait until he goes to kindergarten the first day...talk about a sad day full of tears (at least for me). Congrats Stetson!