Thursday, March 15, 2012

words of wisdom







Do not trade your birthright as a mother for some bauble of
passing value… the baby you hold in your arms will grow quickly as the sunrise
and sunset of the rushing days.” Pres Hinckley

************
Michael worked a 12 hr shift today and so to help pass the time and take advantage of the beautiful sunshine we last minute loaded up the stroller and headed to the park. Stetson rode his bike and did awesome--he's getting much faster and I can hardly keep up sometimes.
So our trip to the park started out very pleasant but things went south shortly into our adventure. I did get some good pics of the kids right after we got there until Kandace peed her pants and I had no extra clothes. Sad face. I told her we could go home or she could stay and play with "pee pants." She chose the latter. They both had a good time but it was time to head home as Janelle was getting fussy and I needed to feed her. So I tell Stetson to take off while I get Kandace (bad idea). He's already a block ahead of me by the time I get Kandace next to me (all the while Janelle screaming in background). So I get my Kandace and make her walk so she doesn't get pee in on our stroller. We finally caught up to Stetson but I had to holler lots of times to get him to stop and wait for me before he crossed the street. So we cross, get like 1 block from our house and Kandace starts passing up Stetson which is making Stetson totally furious because he thinks he HAS to be in front (remember Janelle is screaming all this time). Kandace goes ahead anyway, so Stetson drops his bike in a mad rage and refuses to go the rest of the way home. I took Kandace home, ran back to get Setetson and carry the bike back (baby on hip) and got Stetson back to the house. I kept my cool but I was SO frustrated and I just hate moments like this where everything is going wrong. So yeah I'm a whiner but I guess its ok to remember moments like this and look back and realize how far you've come and maybe we'll laugh about this. I do however LOVE the quote that i included. I found it on a friend's blog who just had a baby. Its just what I needed to hear.

3 comments:

The Asay's said...

I love that quote. Thanks for sharing it.

Unknown said...

It sounds like your trips to the park aren't all that different from mine, but I usually do loose my cool. Sometimes I wonder if the reason we have been blessed with all these cute little boys is to teach me patience. Really we do have some great outings. But they can't all be perfect. :)

Mark & Shayla said...

Proud of you for keeping it together. I probably would have lost it. You are a good mom