Tuesday, March 13, 2012

29 and lookin' fine


My darling turned 29 last weekend. To celebrate the occasion we went to the temple for a session with the Elder's quorm in our ward. Michael is 1st counselor right now. After our session the Elder's quorm treated us to Golden Coral then we went to our hotel where little Janelley cried weeell into the night, but we love her anyway.
The next morning Joel & Kambrie treated us to breakfast and then we did some shopping and came home. The only thing Michael wanted for his birthday was to be done shopping. ha ha. So we kept it nice and short so we could return home to our little babies who got to stay the night at gma & gpa Asays. Stetson & Kandace had a ball. Kandace had been asking to stay the night at gmas for a while.
That evening we had angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream with the whole fam.
My favorite things about Michael at 29:
.:.:.:.:.:.:he works so very hard for our family (nights, weekends, sometimes not getting home 'til 4 am)
.:.:.:.:.:.:I love watching him with Janelle. He kisses her cheek EVERY time he picks her up..I've never seen him not do it. Someone who saw us with our kids in public commented on how good Michael was with the baby and I just thought how normal it was to me and I guess I take it for granted that he takes such good care of our babies. He usually has Janelle the majority of church so I can do my calling.
.:.:.:.:.:.:Michael has never lost his cool with his kids. Sometimes we don't see eye to eye on discipline and such, but I really don't care that much because I know I can trust him where it truly counts.
.:.:.:.:.:.:Michael is a great listener. In fact it was just today that I called him at work because I was really upset about some drama in my life and I jabbered for like a 1/2 hour and he never complained and just listened. Sounds like I got the better end of this deal. :)
Happy 29th birthday Michael!

No comments: