Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving and a wedding

The Asays have been very this these last few days--Thanksgiving on Thursday then a wedding on Saturday--I loved it. We had Thanksgiving at Asay's at noon then headed over to the Simmons' for round #2. Everything was delicious and I am truly grateful for so many blessings.
The wedding was also great-I love going to cealings and being reminded of how special a marriage is and what we can do to make it better. Some great advice: Bruce R. McConkie said the most important thing we'll ever do in this life is marry the right person in the right place by the proper authority. One of the general authorities said the most important things a husband tell his wife are the following: I love you, that looks good on you, I'm sorry, we can't afford it. President Morrison also suggested making your spouse the most important thing, being their best friend.


me and my man
Stetson, aunt Fallon & Ben playing games




The official gravy stirrer
































2 comments:

nina said...

Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. It's always killer when you hit two houses thanksgiving day!

Brook said...

Emily I am way impressed that you could remember all of those thoughts! They were all great points. Thanks for the refresher:)