Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Moments like this...


Well Joel finally got home from his mission and now I can blog about it since we got our computer back!! I was so lucky to spend a week in Wyoming for some special events--#1 Joel came home on Wednesday. His flight was supposed to come at 4:57 pm but got delayed 'til 10:15 because of engine problems. Nothing tops seeing your brother come home from their mission--one of those moments that totally put your life in perspective and make it all worth it!! I'm grateful for the chance I had to be a part of it all. Probably the BEST part though was when he reported his mission to the high council. All I'll say about that is that there's a wonderful spirit in that rooma and that the church is true!

We got to reconnect with some friends and of course spend lots of time with family. Stetson didn't sleep good. He'd sleep in his crib 'til about midnight or so then he'd want in with me, so we'd had a lot of sleepless nights...I'm SO thankful for Michael and that I have him to help share the load--I don't know how single moms do it. Well here's some more pics of our great week in Wyoming.
Tuesday we went to Asay's for a barbecue and fun visit with everyone...Jacob is an AWESOME uncle and I love when we go visit because he entertains Stetson so well so I don't have to (along with everyone else)!
Stetson was a crazy man and ran around the whole airport trying to get on the luggage claim thing and everything else he wasn't supposed to do
waiting...
there he is!


waiting for Joel's luggage
...and what could we possibly have done without the little boys to help Joel carry his luggage?
makes
Stetson and grandpa became pretty good buddies during our visit--Stetson would reach His arms out to him to be held by grandpa, but the cutest was when he'd run to him, and grab my dad's legs until he would give Stetson a good back scratch..and he'd stay there for a while, too. My dad has that extra patience that makes him such a good dad that I wish I had more of. I really appreciated all his help when I was there.
Just for the record, I only posted this pic because I think Stetson looks super cute in it.

7 comments:

joelle said...

Joel is home?!?! that went so fast!! haha wow. Tyler should be leaving here in the next few months. You guys don't have any little girls! there is only a bunch of nephews... Except for clay and heather. wow. awesome!

Tracy said...

Hi Emily,
It's so fun to read your blog and keep up with your cute little family! Stetson is growing up, hard to believe!! I miss our V.T. days!! :-)

Brenda said...

Great pictures Emily! Fun to see.

Kimberly said...

Wow! Joel looks so different to me. That's so nice you were able to be there when he got home. I don't recognize your friends' names, but there have been a lot of people move into our ward recently, so maybe they did too and I just don't know. Either way give them my number and we'll have to have them over some time. It's always nice to have some sort of connection to somebody when you move to a new place.

Jill Asay said...

I love the pictures...especially the one of your family! I totally agree with you...Jacob is the best uncle (they all are)! Those Asay boys are the best to their nephews, and those little boys just adore them!:)

laura said...

You look super cute in that picture too by the way! That is so fun to see all the pics of your family, Joel is so cute. Everyone has grown so much. Stetson's hair looks so blonde now! I still can't figure out who he looks like.

Ranee` said...

I love being around my family for that exact reason! Savanna is like that with both A.J. and Jax and it makes for a great break for me!