Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Grandma Dorothy/Jacob comes home


I wanted to include a pic of the girls at the library because we spent a TON of time there this summer. It was a quick go to if I was wearing thin and we all needed to get out of the house.  The kids love going there and never get bored of it.  On July 28th, Tuesday, Michael called me and told me his grandma Dorothy had died in a car accident on 14A east of Lovell.  It was a huge shock and tragedy to the family. 
We have really fond memories of gma Dorothy.  When we lived in Lovell, she babysat for me quite a bit.  It was nice because she lived just in town and right by the school so it was super helpful to me.  She worked at the library and it was fun seeing her there.  What I loved about gma Dorothy is she was always happy to see us and cheerful and super fun with the kids.  Whenever we drove by her house they asked if we could stop by.  She had a tea party set she used to get out for the girls.  She always had picnics in the living room floor when they came.  She had a closet full of all sorts of fun trinkets for the kids to play with.  Never a dull moment at grandma Dorothy's.  It was super sad for us to watch Jan go through this as she spent the most time with her.  

Jacob came home from his mission to L'Viv, Ukraine about a week later.  Me and the kids drove to Cody Aug 5 where he was supposed to land, but he ended up landing in Billings.
It was great to see him that night though after Stan and Jan brought him home to Lovell.  Uncle Jacob is the greatest and all our kids LOVE him, even Stahle.  Its been fun to watch her go to him.  She is pretty selective of who she'll let hold her but she's always been friendly with Jacob.
He brought home all sorts of neat things for everyone!  Below you'll see Daniel, Michael and Christian proudly displaying their new ties.  The girls got dolls and the little boys got some cool hammer things.


This is the whole Asay clan at the cemetary after the services for gma Dorothy which were very nice.  Her sister, Bernice gave the life history, the grandkids sang "My Heavenly Father Loves me", Lauren Busteed and I sang "I know that my Redeemer Lives and Stan gave the sermon which was so nice.  Such a spiritual experience for me at least.  A reminder of how wonderful the gospel of Jesus Christ is and how grateful I am for our redeemer who made it possible for us to see our loved ones again.

No comments: