Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas!

 I've gotten way behind on blogging.  Michael is home for a little while so I've got to seize the opportunity to get this done before I forget.  I'm trying to make my 2014 book but I can't log into blurg. UGHH.  Anyway, these pics were taken the Sunday before Christmas.  Gma Asay bought the girls beautiful red dresses.  The first picture was while Stahle was napping and we hurried and took the 2nd one after she woke up.  Michael came home from Miles City December 19th and spent the whole week of Christmas with us.  The kids had a couple days left of school.  It was amazing to have him home.  When he's here I don't really know how I did it without him.  Since I knew Michael would be home, I arranged with the kids' teachers to come into their classrooms and volunteer.  It was a good week.  We had tithing settlement the 21st, then Jared and Renee came for dinner that night.  They were passing through from Rexburg.  We were excited to have them.  We all love Renee.  So the next day I worked in Stetson's classroom then on Tuesday I had lunch with Kandace and then worked in her classroom.  It was fun to be in the school helping.
 On Christmas Eve we decided to stay home.  We knew we'd be doing a lot of traveling in the upcoming days.  Michael wanted to do sweet pulled pork tacos like from Cafe Rio.  He marinated the pork for hours following a copycat recipe he found.  They turned out really good.  After dinner the kids opened their new pjs.  I'll never forget what a let down this experience was the first year we did it by ourselves.  Jan had bought us our Christmas pjs for a long time, but when we started doing our own thing we bought the kids theirs and Stetson thought it was going to be a real toy or something and pitched a huge fit.  It was awesome. Pj opening goes much smoother now :)

 Janelle thinks this is how you're supposed to smile.  She's caught onto the fact that we're laughing at her though when she does it so she cries not and tells us not to laugh at her.
 Santa came

 Michael got a framed map of the farm.  Hope we can find a good spot for it.  I miss this farm.
Kandace helping Stahle open a present.  After this we had sweedish pancakes then hung out and headed to Todd n Emily's at 1.  After dinner there we went to Charlie n Donna's where Michael "inherited" a cool gun case his gpa Monk used when he was an outfitter.  Pretty awesome.  Then it was off to gpa n gma Asays for more presents.  It was fun to be with them.  We are so blessed to have the family we have.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Love all the pictures. Looks like you had a great Christmas!