Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween!

 Thursday we carved pumpins.  Steston wanted no part in cleaning out the pumpkin but Michael talked him into it somehow.  The kids traced their designs and Michael and I carved.


 Halloween night we did the stake trunk or treat which the kids love.  I always buy way too much candy though and now we have extra candy that we bought and the kids' candy which makes a LOT of candy.

Stahle was the world's cutest cat.  Sarah Mills got us this before they moved to Utah. After the trunk or treat, Michael took Stahle home and I took the others trick or treating down a couple blocks over by their school.  This is something that I always love, even though Michael and I sometimes argue over who has to take them. :)  Janelle was the funnest to watch.  She thought it was pretty awesome that she could knock on someone's door and get candy from them.  There was one house with a haunted house in the garage with people dressed up giving candy.  Kandace, me and a reluctant Janelle went through (Kandace didn't bat an eye) and Stetson opted to wait for us outside the haunted house.  Holidays are sure special with little kids.

1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

I love Janelle's face when she was getting her haircut! Kandace looks so cute as a lady bug. I loved reading your thoughts about Stahle's blessing. It does seem to go by so fast. She looked so pretty. And even though it is stressful having family gatherings sometimes I am glad you got some time to enjoy the moment.