Wednesday, August 28, 2013

with all my heart...

...I love this boy like I can't even describe.  I woke Stetson up at about 7:15 am and said "Its the first day of school!...(rolls to the other side and puts blanket over his head) ....and I have a new cereal!"  I know all the good tricks now.  Stetson was super nervous today.  I don't blame him..new school, new friends, new everything.  With the exception of a 6th grade girl from our ward, Stetson didn't know a soul today.  While waiting in line to go in, I frantically started asking some other kids from his class what their names were so Stetson at least knew some names. He was showing little interest in my getting to know you games.  Luckily they let the parents walk their kids into the school and once Stetson saw his desk with his name and everything he quickly took his seat and seemed ok...he still looked nervous.  I debated taking off without him knowing but decided to tell him I loved him and blew him a kiss goodbye.  He blew one back, I walked out the door and I got that misty eye thing and felt like such a boob.
Michael came home early so I got to pick him up by myself and he was happy!  Even gave his teacher a hug before he left.  I hope its going to be a great year!


2 comments:

Jill Asay said...

I bet he had a great day and will meet and make lots of new friends! Good luck in first grade, Stetson!

The Asay's said...

You are such a great mom. I love this post. Stetson will do great. He is such a fun kid. He will have lots of friends in no time.