Sunday, July 17, 2011

Kandace and Janelle













Well first of all, let me tell you about Kandace and Janelle. I always worry about sibbling rivalry/jealousy issues with the arrival of a new family member, but Janelle has literally been welcomed with OPEN arms. Kandace can't stay away from her. She is CONSTANTLY kissing her, laying by her, hugging her, touching her, just taking it all in. She can't get enough of her. She truly loves her. Whenever I bring Janelle into the family room after a nap or something, Kandace runs right up to Janelle and says, "mom, I love my baby." Stetson loves Janelle too, and always wants to "pet" her, but he's not like Kandace about it.










In other news, Janelle is 2 weeks old today. To celebrate we took her to church for the first time! She wore a darling pink dress from the Children's Place that her great uncle and aunt Bruce and Diane Asay sent Kandace when she was a baby. Janelle was a popular item at church and everyone was anxious to see her. One of my favorite people in our ward, Barbara Moncur came to me after Relief Society and said, "you know the rules in this ward, right?" Her rule is that she gets to hold all the babies. :) Barbara is a gem and I love her.










It seems like there's always some bumps along the road during the first couple weeks, that I have to overcome. I was feeling AWESOME right after delivery and the next couple days, but things sort of turned around for me and I had serious soreness and other issues I'll spare you the details of. Janelle is a great baby. I wake her up once in the night to feed her because she's not supposed to go more than 5 hrs for the first month. After I feed her she goes right back to bed and sleeps 'til 7. We're working towards a 3 hr feeding schedule and she's doing pretty good with that.










Michael had to work a 24-hr shift yesterday (bla) and so he's been very tired, but he was up in time for 8:00 church this morning.





We are grateful for our new baby and looking forward to life with Janelle.

2 comments:

laura said...

Congratulations Emily! Janelle is just a doll! I can't believe she only wakes up once in the night!!! I would have a million babies in that case :)

Unknown said...

Having a new baby is always an adjustment and sadly soreness and recovery always take some time. Hope things get better soon.