Monday, July 18, 2011

Day old child






















My day-old child lay in my arms.

With my lips against her ear

I whispered strongly, "How I wish-

I wish that you could hear;

"I've a hundred wonderful things to say

(a tiny cough and a nod)

Hurry, hurry, hurry, and grow

So I can tell you about God."


My day-old baby's mouth was still

And my words only tickled her ear.

But a kind of light passed through her eyes,

And I saw this thought appear:


"How I wish I had a voice and words;

I've a hundred things to say,

Before I forget I'd tell you of God-

I left him yesterday."

Carol Lynn Pearson



Thank you Kara Bischoff for the beautiful pictures.

2 comments:

Mark & Shayla said...

Kara really did a great job. Janelle is so beautiful! I can't to come and hold her.

The Edwards said...

Kara did an incredible job. She is so talented. Congrats on your sweet little Janelle. She is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your birth story, I loved reading it. You did such a great job. Panting through contractions at the end when all you want to do is push is extremely difficult. I did that with Grace while we were waiting for the doctor and I swore I'd never do it again.