Friday, June 27, 2008

Thanks


Its amazing how many comments I get when I ask for advice! Thank you for your suggestions and expressions of support and concern for me--you are great. After Michael and I had been married for a pretty short while, we thought, lets go ahead and start our family, it will be fun!! And literally, thats what I thought, "it will be fun." And of course being a mother is indescribably wonderful, and full of "fun" moments, but I've learned time after time that its not always fun.
I found these thoughts by Elder Ballard and wanted to share.

"There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family...We need to remember that the full commitment of motherhood and of putting children first can be difficult. Through my own four-generation experience in our family, and through discussions with mothers of young children throughout the Church, I know something of a mother’s emotions that accompany her commitment to be at home with young children. There are moments of great joy and incredible fulfillment, but there are also moments of a sense of inadequacy, monotony, and frustration. Mothers may feel they receive little or no appreciation for the choice they have made. Sometimes even husbands seem to have no idea of the demands upon their wives." M. Russell Ballard

3 comments:

Em said...

That was great to read again to remind me, which is always needed. Thanks for sharing.

Kimberly said...

I absolutely LOVED his talk at conference. It was sooooo wonderful. I have a quote from his talk on my blog that helps reminds me that it's o.k. when there are hard, frustrating times. There are always they good times too! Hope things are going better with Stetson.

nina said...

I loved that quote too. I think that it is one that will be used many time in the future, it just spoke to the hearts of so many mothers everywhere.