Thursday, December 13, 2007

diaper for diaper vs. poop for poop..


This was my high school graduation 6 YEARS AGO!!! I can't believe its been that long. Holy cow. Anyway, I was looking through some old pics and thought this one would be fun to post. Doesn't Michael look so young?? I probably do too, but I can't see it as much. I remember this day so well...all the graduates lined up outside the auditorium so well wishers could give presents, hugs, etc. Michael gave me a card with a letter inside that said: "congratulations on your graduation. To celebrate this glorious event, I want to take you out to dinner." Then on the bottom of the letter he wrote: "BUT YOU HAVE TO PLAN IT!!" That's always been an issue with us. I always felt like I planned all our "dates" in high school. Now all we do is go out to eat for our dates so there's not much planning involved (good thing for Michael). Anyway, dad took this picture and I'm pretty sure Michael wasn't so happy about it (as you can tell in the picture) but oh well. I can't wait until I get a scanner (maybe some day) and I can post some really fun ones. :-)


Anyway, Michael and I had an interesting "argument" today. Let me warn you first--its about poop. So this morning, I changed a "blowout." Meaning out the pants, had to change his onesie, you know what I'm talking about. Well when Michael came home from school, he changed the next diaper because it was his turn. Not long after, Stetson needed another change, and so technically it was my turn, but I was convinced that since I changed the "blowout" earlier that morning, it was his turn to change a poop. Well after I changed Stetson tonight for bed (put his jamies on, changed his diaper, etc.) we thought we were done for the night, but he pooped again, so I thought since I had changed the last one it was Michael's turn, right?? Well Michael said I was "changing the rules" since I made him change the diaper earlier even though it was technically my turn, so he said are we doing "diaper for diaper" or poop for poop??" We were actually fighting about it until he said that and then it was really funny. Nevertheless, We've decided to stick with "diaper for diaper" instead of poop for poop..

I went to Afton Grant's Mary Kay "grand opening" 2 nights ago and got a makeover so I had Michael take a picture so we had something to show for it since I got home at about 10 and didn't get to show off my "makeover." And so I could decide if I should start actually wearing more makeup than eyeshadow and mascarra. I did buy some white eyeshadow...its called "eyecicles." Its a cream and it comes in a little tube. Its origianlly $10 (pretty steep I thought) but I got $5 off since it was her grand opening so I paid $5.60. They said it works great as a "primer" so your actual eyeshadow stays on better. And I did win a bronze powder eyeshadow. Anyway, probably too much information. Have a great day!!!








3 comments:

Lauren said...

Love your picture of you and Michael. Seriously hilarious and it does bring back a lot of memories...I am laughing so hard about your poop vs. diaper conversation. Joseph and I STILL do the same thing and we have 2 kids! Your makeover is beautiful. You are so pretty!

Kimberly said...

Hey, that's a funny story, and one that I completely understand. I always feel that if I had to change a really bad diaper during the day then the next really bad diaper is Danen's (no matter whose turn it really is). So I would have been on your side of the argument. The picture of you and Michael is great. You look a little younger to me, but I don't think you've changed much. You always look so good! Have a great day!

laura said...

We argue about the diaper thing all the time! Dallas cannot stand changing poop so he offers me a backrub when it is his turn and he won't do it. I then give in because I love backrubs. I'd say it is 9 out of 10 times I change the poop! Your makeover looks way good!