Thursday, January 2, 2020

Mildred Stahle Asay

Our wonderful grandma, Mildred Stahle Asay passed away May 29, 2019 in Provo where she was staying at an assisted living center close to her daughter.  I count it a huge blessing to have known this lady.  My first memories of her are going to see her with Michael when we were dating when she was having some problems with her sprinklers or something.  She'd joked that she'd probably have more problems with her house if she'd known she'd get visitors.  After we were married, she'd always have Stan, us and the boys over for dinner if Jan was out of town and that was such a treat.  Fabulous food but most importantly, there was a special spirit in her home I always felt.  I always felt important and peaceful at her house.
She taught me how to can beets (I was terrible and the worse canning companion ever) and she was so patient with me and my young children I had in tow.  We went and saw her in Provo summer of 2018 and I was still impressed by her desire to never give up on doing her best in every season of her life.  We named Stahle after her because she is such a great legacy for our little Stahle to pattern her life after.



No comments: