Monday, January 4, 2016

Red Lodge Jan 2

2 days after me and Michael's rendezvous to Red Lodge, I took Stetson for our first snow skiing trip of the season.  I love snow skiing!  It was a busy day to ski; we ended up parking on the hill, before we even got to the lots, but the walk up wasn't as bad as I thought.  Getting rentals and getting all geared up is always strenuous and time consuming, but once we got going it was great.  The weather at first was perfect, couldn't have asked for better, but as the day went on and the sun went behind the hill, it got chillier so at about 3 we came in for a quick snack.  I told Stetson if he did 5 good turns, he could have a hot chocolate.  We ended up doing Miami Beach 3 times and Midway 3 (maybe 4) times.  Midway is my favorite because the trails are longer, but the ski lift ride is longer and colder.  Next time we might go in the morning when its warmer.
Stetson did pretty good.  He's not great at taking advice from mom, but I'm hoping he'll get experience enough that he can figure stuff out on his own.  I tried my new skies which were great, but I need longer poles.

On our way to Midway

No comments: