Monday, January 4, 2016

10 years

Michael and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Red Lodge, MT.  Michael planned it all out and told me about it like a couple weeks before.  We stayed at the BearCreek resort which included a dinner at the Dell Piney Lodge, which is a charming little restaurant built in 1920 with lots of history.  Dad and Brenda were in town Wed, so they took the kids back to Jans on their way back.  As soon as they left, I frantically started cleaning because I NEVER get to clean without kids undoing my cleaning right after, so that was pretty great, then at 1 I had a haircut, then we left about 5.  We had a 7pm dinner reservation,  dinner was great, after that we went back to our room and the next day we went Cross Country skiing at the Nordic track trails which are groomed trails for cross country snow skiing.  I didn't love cross country skiing, I can't see why anyone would choose that over downhill, but it is good exercise and if you're in it for the scenery and a nice and easy stroll, its great.  Oh on our way to cross country skiing we tried to help get an old lady unstuck, which involved chains and bailing twine, but it didn't work so she ended up calling her husband who had to come get her out with a tractor.
After we returned out rentals we went to the pizza company then drove back to Jans to get the kids and have dinner there.

My pictures aren't great, but if you look close, you can see the resort behind the white van.  It was nice to get away..I always dream of having a few days away from my kids, but when it actually happens, its really bitter sweet.  I always miss them and wonder what they're doing.  I'm thankful for my sweetheart, and honesty, I'm grateful we've come this far.  Marriage and family is a wonderful blessing and a wonderful challenge. :)

1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

Man a lot can happen in 10 years! You guys still look young and in love!