Thursday, September 18, 2014

shower

This pic didn't turn out great, but I wanted to remember some of the sweet ladies I've met in Billings.  Last Sat, Melanie Talbot (on very left) and Michelle Croft (right) threw a little shower for me.  Since I'm pretty set for girl stuff, they asked that guests bring frozen dinners instead of gifts.  So l-r: Melani, who was in our ward until they recently moved out of boundaries.  We went to spinning and boot camp together. She's also helped me decorate and pick out paint colors.  She's the sweetest.  Then Shan, we go way back, me, Margie Dvorak.  Margie is the sweetest lady you'll ever meet.  She's the primary pres and always makes me feel so appreciated and wonderful.  Her and her sweet husband Norm (she calls him Normie) come visit Michael and I once a month.  She's my VT but she brings Norm.  We love them so much.  Then Sue Jorgensen.  She's RS pres and I've talked about her in other posts.  She's a great example to me and we think their family is great.  Her husband taught seminary and now teaches our adult Sunday school class.  They have a great sense of humor and are good to the core.  Then Michelle.  She has Lovell roots but lives in Billings now.  Her kids actually go to Rose Park so its nice to have more kids at school from the ward.

So in other news, at my last appt which was last Thur, I received the dreaded news that my due date isn't actually until next Tue (23rd).  Bla bla bla.  I was not happy to hear that.  I'm not sure why Michael and I thought all along it was the 19th.  Whoops.  However, I've been contracting more, just not real consistently.  Michael had yesterday, today and tomorrow off so we were REALLY hoping baby would come this week so I could have all that help.  No such luck.  Yet.  I am really grateful he was home anyway though, since I've had a cold and having extra help with the kids so I could rest has been great.  This morning I went and had a massage from a massage therapist and lactation consultant who works at Katrina's facility.  That was nice.  My next appt is tomorrow and Michael will get to go which I like.

Stetson and Kandace are liking school.  Kandace's mischievous ways have trickled into her classroom as her teacher told me yesterday that she's had some "naughty" tendencies.  Not the greatest thing to hear, but we talked to her about it and think its getting better.  We love her and enjoy her personality and love of life so much.  Stetson's teacher let me come help with some testing last week which I was excited about.  I wanted to get in there and volunteer while I could.  It was nice to be in his class and get a feel for things.  He seems to really be liking everything.  He reads 15 mins after school every day and if he reads Ramona (mom's personal fave) he gets an extra 15 mins on the tablet. :0)

Its been fun having Janelle home all to myself.  Running errands are so easy.  If only I had the motivation and energy to leave the house more often.  We frequent the park pretty often and she loves that.

Michael is almost on his 4th week of his 1st clinical at the pediatric clinic and is liking it more every day it seems.  He's getting to see patients on his own and is having more hands on experiences.  He froze off a couple warts a while back.  His preceptor is out of town for a few days so thats why he's been home.
Our friends, Jaran and Sarah are moving to Utah in 2 1/2 weeks so on Monday, we went out to lunch and yesterday she came and helped me clean my fridge.  Michael even moved it out from against the wall do we could clean behind it and under it.  It. was.gross.  I have the urge to do deep cleaning more than ever.  I just wish baby would hurry and come while my house is still clean because it won't last!

1 comment:

Jill Asay said...

What a great idea to have guests bring a frozen dinner! Sounds like a great group ladies! Hope that baby gets here soon!!