Thursday, August 14, 2014

summer wrapping up





 For FHE last Monday, Michael told us all to hop in the van for a fhe "surprise."  He wouldn't tell anyone where we were going.  I was thinking he'd broke down and was going to take us to the fair, which for some reason is the last place in the world he wants to go and there has to be a lot of persuading and asking before he'll give in...but it wasn't the fair, he took us to the temple.   Since its Monday, the gates are closed but we enjoyed walking around it.  I feel peace just when we're coming up Shiloh to go home and it suddenly comes into view.  Its amazing that just the sight of it can calm my nerves and bring me such a sweet spirit.  It was hotter than blazes (my new favorite expression) at the temple so we took a lap and then got frosties and icecream cones at Wendy's.  While we were at the temple I kept thinking of what Russell M. Nelson said when he came to Billings last Sunday for a special conference (awesome I know!) He said take your children to the temple and let them feel the walls.  I literally wanted my kids to reach out their hands and feel the temple that night.  We'll have to go another day.
 This guy isn't a huge fan of the pool, either, but every now and then we can guilt him into it.  Janelle finally wears her new swimsuit she got for her birthday.  She always complains for a little bit that it "feels funny" but we just distract her and she's o.k.  Michael finished his last day of class yesterday.  He hasn't said much about it but I know it feels good to have a short break from it all and a permanent break from the classroom.  He starts his first rotation in a couple weeks.  He is a trooper and has worked so hard to get to this point.
His class had a "last hoorah" bbq at Veterans park yesterday afternoon.  I didn't get pics but his 2 closest buddies were Andrew Swensen and Jaran Mills, both from Utah, both LDS.  We love them and their wives and hope we can keep in touch somewhat.  Andrew's wife Brooke had triplets a month ago and has been in Logan for the last couple weeks while Andrew finished up.  Jaran and Sarah will be here until Sept.  They're the greatest and have watched my crazy kids a couple times.  Sarah has come over a couple nights when Michael's been gone just to chat and keep me company.  They've been married for almost 6 years and haven't been able to have children yet.  Its been an eye opener and heart breaking to see them experience this and we hope so much that this blessing comes to them soon.
 Janelle is endlessly entertaining us.  She melts our hearts and keeps us laughing every day.  We are nuts about her.
 I wasn't going to get a pedicure this year but I broke down and took Kandace with me to the beauty school to get one yesterday.  Its getting hard to bend down and I thought a little pampering wouldn't hurt.  Kandace chose 3 different colors for her toes, so she had a pattern AND got gems on hers.
 Last night after the bbq we took the kids to the fair.  It was also hotter than blazes but once the weather cooled and we wiped out our entire life savings on tickets and treats, it was a pretty nice time.
We stopped and listened to a band playing on the grassy area at the end and took some selfies because we are so cool.
I am 35 weeks prego tomorrow.  My midwife won't take me any sooner than 37 weeks, so as soon as we hit that mark, I'm gonna be jumpin on tramps, eating spicy food like nobody's business, whatever it takes, to get this baby here.  This little peanut is sucking the life right out of me but we are thrilled about her arrival.  We got a toddler bed/dresser combo for Janelle's room so the baby can have the crib when she comes.  Janelle has transitioned to the toddler bed beautifully.  She loves to talk about how her dad set it up for her "again and again and again."  I hope Janelle and little baby are good roommates.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
I've had lots of braxton hicks which is different from my other babies.  Its been hard being pregnant all summer.  The heat takes it all out of me so we don't venture to the pool quite as much, and we hang out inside with the cooler blasting.
I've gone from bootcamp the first tri, then spinning the 2nd tri, and am now down to swimming, which is about all I can take now it seems like.  Swimming is refreshing and pretty much the best workout out there for expecting moms.  Super easy on your joints and makes you feel so weightless.  There's another lady in there whose prego but quite older than me but she whoops me.  I try to race her sometimes just to push myself.  haha
Stetson won a tablet at the library.  He got tons of hours recorded for the summer reading program and the more hours you get the more times you're entered for the drawings.  He was pretty pumped and when we dropped off our thank you letter he told the librarian he didn't like his new tablet, he LOVED his new tablet.  Kandace plays with it too and its great.  Its a more kid friendly version with tons of games and apps.

2 comments:

Jill Asay said...

Loved reading all the things you guys have been up to lately!

Mark & Shayla said...

You guys at always doing such fun things...even though it is hotter than the blazes! We need to get together soon.