Wednesday, November 14, 2012

state football in Laramie

Last weekend we all headed to Laramie to watch Lovell's football team play in the state championship at the big stadium. It was fun to be in Laramie again and drive by all the familiar restaurants, our old apartment, the library where I dragged my sorry pregnant self and Stetson (then a toddler) every week.  Lovell's highschool athletic teams have been stacked the last few years with a lot of raw talent, making appearanes in almost all the state championships in each sport.  This year has been no exception and we've loved cheering on Jacob in his last year of highschool.  They lost by 2 points but played a great game and made us proud! 



On the way home we (ok I) hit a slick spot and slid off the road and hit someone's water pump between Worland and Basin.  I've had nightmares of being in car wrecks--dreams so bad that they wake you up, and this was exactly like those nightmares.  It was horrible and I wish I could forget about it but we are so grateful to all be safe.  The kids didn't even know what had happend.  After we crashed the car died, Michael got out to survey the damage and I was pleasantly surprised when it stared up again.  Shortly after, a carful of peole from Lovell/Powell inclduing Stetson's elementary secretary Esther Garza stopped to help.  I love good people that want to help.  They were like angels and I wanted to hug and kiss every one of them.  I went to the house to tell them about their pump but got no answer.  We got their name & number from their mailbox, the Garza's pushed us out and we were on our way again in less than 10-15 minutes.  I was glad we'd said a prayer for safety before we left on Fri.   Here is our poor little van.  The damage actually didn't look horrible until we took it to Mayes and they took the plastic thing off the door, which is when we realized we would need a new door entirely.  The side mirror also got hit, so it was dangling the rest of the way home but Mayes took it off so I can still drive this beauty around for now.  I feel pretty awesome.


2 comments:

Jill Asay said...

We are so glad that no one was hurt and sad about your car :(

Mark & Shayla said...

How scary! I hate driving in the winter! Glad you are all okay. Poor van.