Friday, September 16, 2016

prayer

I went to the school district office this week to do some paperwork for substitute teaching and when they asked for my driver's license and I went to get it from my wallet, it was gone.
 I remember I'd had it the previous week at the police station when I got finger printed. I remember handing it to the lady there and her handing it back to me,  but I couldn't remember where I'd put it after that.  I was shuffling girls and had finger print cards in my hands.  I re-traced my every move the following days, calling the police station, going over there  in person, calling the high school where I dropped off my application, the school district office, checking at  the condo in Billings, and I prayed about it a lot.  It seems like a trivial thing to pray about, and I felt sort of silly/selfish praying for Heavenly Father to help me find it when I know there are bigger problems in the world than my driver's license, but its been hectic this last month and there's a lot going on the it would have been a huge hassle to get a new one.  I felt like prayer was my last resort since I'd checked everywhere.  A few days went by and I was driving to Lovell to get my hair cut and I heard a clunk between the driver's seat and the console.  it was my cell phone that had fallen out of my pocket, but when I reached down to get my phone, I felt a hard plastic thing and it was my driver's license!!  I was so happy and was  thinking today how Heavenly Father is mindful of each and every prayer offered up and that its such an amazing privilege to get to pray to him whenever I want and for however long I want.

No comments: