Sunday, May 1, 2016

Kandace's testimony/ballet slippers

Last night right before bed, Kandace asked me how you bear a testimony and what a testimony is.  After we talked about it for a little bit, I asked her if she'd ever felt the spirit, and she talked about when she lost her ballet slippers in Lovell like 4 years ago and how I'd suggested we pray to find them and we prayed 3 times and finally found them.  I always suggest to my kids that they pray when they lose something because I believe in the power of prayer and want them to gain a testimony of it and have these special experiences to remember and look back on.  Kandace told me last night that she wanted to share that story and bear her testimony in fast Sunday Sacrament the next day.  She asked a couple times when it was her turn, I said just go whenever you're ready, but the part i hadn't anticipated was she wanted me to go up with her!  So up we went, I hoped that she'd just do it if I sat in the seat behind her by the bishopric, but she didn't want to stand there alone, so I kind of crouched behind her while she said it and my heart could have burst as I listened to hear tell the story.  She is brave and I'm grateful she shared her testimony that day.

1 comment:

Mark & Shayla said...

She is getting so grown up. I love to hear sweet little testimonies. And it is reassuring as a parent that they are feeling the spirit.