Tuesday, September 21, 2010

tomato soup


As the kids and I were eating our tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner tonight, I did a lot of thinking. I remembered back to when Stetson was still eating out of a highchair in Laramie and how it was such a pain to feed him sometimes--just the mere task of getting him to eat was challening, let alone the huge mess accompanied with each and every meal/snack. Just a month ago it seems like, I gave him tomato soupand grilled cheese sandwiches and it was frustrating to me because he dipped the whole sandwich in his soup and it got soggy and then of course he didn't want it and it was wasted...I thought "is he ever going to just eat normal?" lol Well today I was pleasantly surprised (little things are big things to us moms, remember) when he appropriately dipped a corner of the sandwich in his soup and ate it until it was gone..1 whole sandwich and a HALF (I might add). I was silently beaming because my boy is getting bigger before my eys every day, and these precious moments will soon be a memory.

Kandace on the other hand still needs some practice...don't judge because her hair looks like that :) It was in a cute pony for story time this morning, but she's destroyed it since then.

Today we went to story time, I had 2 fillings (not as bad as I'd anticipated) and then we took a walk to the park. I pushed Kandace and Stetson rode his bike. This has become almost an every day occurence as the weather changes and I realize our warm days are numbered..its always sort of sad to me. Stetson has become AWESOME at riding his little bike with training wheels. Another proud moment for mom. Last year when we lived in the farm house, Stetson was SO FAR from having the coordination down enough to ride, but now he's really mastered it. Its amazing to watch him.
I have step aerobics tonight. Its going good. The first night I was bummed when only 3 showed up, and I was prepared to just call it quits the next time, but I had 5 and some of them were buying passes, so step is still on! And while its definitely not the most popular exercise of choice (which I'm totally fine with, go zumba) taking care of my body and exercising regularly never will go out of style.
I love my husband. I was feeling lousy about myself the other day and Michael was right there for me like he always is. I totally take for granted the fact that I have a #1 in my life. He is my rock and I can go to him for anything..what a HUGE BLESSING!! (He offered to come to my step class if less then 3 came and he drives over there sometimes to help me unlock the door) No matter how bad I feel or what I've done, he is always supporting me and lending a listening ear (and I can talk a long time) lol. I am so glad I have him.



2 comments:

Linda said...

That was a sweet post

Lindsay said...

Add in a Tuesday/Thursday 5:30-6:30a.m. class and I bet you are packed in less than a month, I would be there!!