Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Where did July go?




Wow!! It only took me like a half hour to get these pics uploaded...our camera stopped working a while back and so I've been taking some pics with my phone and its a pain to get them on the computer. We've done some really fun stuff lately!! I wish so badly that I had a decent camera to capture the moments, but we'll have to wait!! Last Wednesday we took Stetson and Kandace to the fair!! Last year we went the first night and were very excited to take Stetson on the rides and everything, but we (Mostly me) were sorely disappointed when we found out the rides weren't open yet. SOOO, this year we went on the second night because it fit best with our schedule, and weren't sure if the rides would be open (I was sort of prepping myself and telling myself it'd be ok lol) but when the fairgrounds came into sight and we saw all the lights of the ferris wheels and other rides, I was giddy like a little girl, seriously. When we lived in Santa Rosa, we'd drive by the county fairgrounds on the way to our house and when it was fair season, I LOVED seeing all the rides as we drove by and couldn't wait to go! It was one of those really exciting things as a little kids, and now that I have kids I don't want them to miss out on anything. Stetson's reaction to everything was everything I'd hoped...he was ECSTATIC. Not really even sure what to do, totally overwhelmed by everything and really wanted to do it all. First Stetson and I rode the ferris wheel while wonderful Michael and baby Kandace patiently waited and waved everytime we came into view, and then after the merry go round, (which was not a hit for Kandace at all) it started pouring rain! So we ran into the arts and crafts building and waited for it to clear up. After that we took Stetson on a couple more rides and he LOVED it and I was so happy. Its fun to finally get to take him to fun things like this and see his reaction and to sort of see the world through a 3 year old's eyes. Pretty magical.




The next day Stetson and I rode up with gpa Simmons to the Buffalo Bill camp where my brother Todd is the director, Emily is the medic and Brenda is the cook! I've been hearing about this buffalo bill camp for years and years because I come from a family of avid scouters, and I'd always been curious what it was like, so we went on an adventure! Stetson was in heaven, especially with 2 of his favorite people in the world there, zAcH & bEn. Stetson LOVES Zach and Ben and always has a blast with them.


I loved being able to see everyone and get a feel for what some of my family has been experiencing all summer. DEFINITELY A LOT of work, but I LOVED the feeling of comoradarie there and of everyone working together for a great cause. I think scouting is great!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Emily,
I just wanted to say that Kenley had to have a blood draw earlier in the week and Michael was so sweet to her. It made a hard situation better with his happy approach to such a scary thing

Jill Asay said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! It's so fun to see little kids at the fair...they love it all!