Monday, July 12, 2010

Foulger Family reunion 2010 at bEaR lAkE


Michael and I just got back from a wonderful Foulger Family Reunion. We didn't get to go to the last one because we were in Indiana, so it was fun to finally see everyone! When we lived in Santa Rosa, my cousin Laura was one of my best friends. Some of my best childhood memories were going to Pleasantan where they lived for a weekend or when me, Laura and Rachel would go stay at gma Foulgers at Vista De Lago and eat poptarts, do facials and stay up all night. We got to the lodge Thursday afternoon, checked in, got to see everyone again for the first time and then had dinner.

The next day we went on a fun hike, playead volleyball (my favorite activity of all the different events), had dinner and then a bonfire with s'mores and fun songs and lots of laughs. The next day we played some more volleyball, tie died shirts and went to Bear Lake!! The water was beautiful, but sort of cold. It was fun though because we could walk out with the kids pretty far and it never got very deep..perfect for the kids. Stetson loved the water even though it wasn't that warm. After the lake, Clay & Heather treated us to delicious rasberry shakes and we went back to the lodge. That evening we had dinner and a talent show followed by the highlight...family memories. We really owe a lot to our ancestores, particularly my mother's mom and dad, John & Yvonne Foulger. Its so incredible that so much good can come from just 2 people. Gpa John passed in the '70s before I was even born, but he was a great man. When he was 18 he went and served in WWII for 3 years. He saw a lot of horrific things during the war and never spoke much of it, but my grandma said every now and then he would randomly mention something..like if she was complaining about something he'd say something like "well you try standing in a fox hole with cold water up to your knees with nothing to eat for weeks.." Gpa John served as bishop for 7 years (we think) and was known for his goodness and devotion to the widows in the ward. He magnified his calling and embraced the gospel. Instead of writing letters to all the missionaries and service men in his ward, he would record himself talking on a tape player and have a secretary type the letters and then gpa John would sign them. We got to listen to a short excerpt of tape where he bore his testimony. It was very special and I felt a sweet spirit that night. Uncle Jeff, Matt & Greg and aunt Kim shared some memories and even my brother Michael shared a special temple story and how proud he's always been to be a Foulger. I love my gpa Foulger and have tender feelings for him and can't wait to meet him some day. Its fun to think that hopefully Michael and I will have that much posterity one day and that people will talk about us (hopefully good things:) and be grateful for our our legacy.


I am grateful for families and the great legacy and example they leave us.


























Adam was so funny.. One night we had talent show and his older brother, Travis, showed us a bunch of knots he learned, well apparently Adam wanted in on the talent show action so he waltzed right up the the front, took the rope from Trav and started bustin out all these "knots" of his own. He loved being on stage so much we had to tell him good job and that his turn was done and to go sit down...it was so cute.

























































































Thanks Uncle Greg for the pictures.

6 comments:

The Asay's said...

Looks like a fun reunion. Glad you guys got to go..

Jill Asay said...

Sounds like lots of fun It's always fun to see family members you don't get to see very often. Great pictures...did you get a new camera?

Mark & Shayla said...

Cute pics of all the fam. Sounds like you guys had a great time. It is so fun when all your extended family can get together.

laura said...

So much fun! I loved the last night too, hearing about Grandpa! Good job recapping all the facts and memories. I should just copy and paste your post :) haha! Miss ya already!

Mandi Burrell said...

I love family reunions. It looks like fun! Love the family pictures.

Mandi Burrell said...

Drew and I were trying to get in one last ride before we had to take the Jet Ski's back and right after our picture the storm clouds came..bumper. My grandpa is hilarious. But I am reminded of that quote by my dad at the football game, "This ain't over yet folks." I loved it when you used to say it. Sorry agian for missing you guys, were you able to see Becky?