Monday, January 18, 2010

Things could get messy...



We had hamburger soup for dinner tonight, and after we pureed Kandace's, Michael insisted we let her feed herself with her spoon so she can learn a little independence.  I'm pretty much  past caring too much about messes (you can always clean them up) so we let her have at it!!  She played with it a while and not long after had it tipped up to her forehead.  :)  When we told gpa Asay, he said: "That's my girl!!"  She doesn't mess around, thats for sure.  Kandace has been standing on her own for a few weeks now, and in the last few days she's been taking steps (one or two at a time).  We watched some home videos tonight and I cannot believe how much she's grown and changed.

  And we couldn't leave out our little Stetson whose favorite movie right now is Charlotte's Web.  He has the songs practically memorized and loves to act out different parts.   We have been enjoying beautiful weather in the high 30's (to me its paradise after 2 frigid winters in Laramie).  Stetson and I kicked a soccer ball around  outside the other day and had such a great time.  Its amazing how much a little fresh air and sunshine can improve your mood.  At the same time  I'm loving my cozy fireplace and am becoming quite the little fire starter (as long as I've got my diesel I'm set).

7 comments:

Tracy said...

What little cuties!! I love watching them at church!! :-)

The Asay's said...

Cute pictures. We miss having you guys in Laramie with us. But I bet its great to be around family all the time up in Lovell.

Brenda said...

Now, THAT is darling!

nina said...

It's amazing how much of a mess they can make isn't it?

Jill Asay said...

It is so fun to watch little ones eat! Very cute pictures!!

Shana said...

That is a fun age when they start to feed themselves. It can be very funny and entertaining during dinner time. :) But also VERY MESSY!
You should have the rule we have in our home, if I cook- Rob cleans up. If Rob cooks- I clean up. Most of the time, Rob is cleaning up! Then you wouldn't have to deal with the mess Kandace makes.
Just an idea! :)

Unknown said...

It must have been good soup!