Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Goodbye Jared and January




I was thinking latey that life has been pretty uneventful and boring until I looked through these pics and realized a lot has been going on and we have a lot to be thankful for. Where to start? Well...the first pic of Kandace is not posed, she was giving me a-t-t-i-t-u-d-e because she is full of it but I can't say enough about how fun this age is. We've been going at potty training since Thanksgiving and I am lucky to still be alive (Thats a joke). She showed interest at about 20 mos so we stuck her on and she WENT! This was a miracle since just getting Stetson to GO was the huge struggle with him, so we thought Kandace would be a cinch.. Not so much. The struggle with her is getting her to tell us WHEN she has to go. She has no problem going--she goes on the toilet, in the middle of Eddie Bauer, on my good friend's carpet (love u Shay) and anywhere else she feels like it, so we're playing it safe by keeping pullups on her unless we're home. Stinkin baby. Good thing we love her so VERY much. (any advice on this would be greatly appreciated).

I've been craving a steak dinner since our anniversary dinner at rib and chop, so we bought some steaks (well thats what the pkg said) at wal-mart and had those with asparagus, baked potatoe, tossed salad and sparkling cider. Everything was delicious minus the steaks. G-R-O-S-S. They tasted like porkchops, which is cool if thats what you're expecting, but we were expecting steaks. Lesson learned. I'm taking the meat back asap.

The kids are eating asapragus in the next picture. They didn't like it as much as their mom. I ate practically the whole bunch. Other activities of January include taking the kids sledding on the Asay farm (Pulling them behind the burban with a chain=awesome good red neck fun) takin belly bump pics, going to story time, playgroups, teaching my last few weeks of step aerobics and sending our missionary off. SUCH a special time. Jared is going to be SUCH a great missionary. We had a great lunch at great gma Asays and were lucky enough to keep Carson & Travis while Stan & Jan took Jared to the airport. I hope and pray that all my boys decide to serve a mission. I KNOW that serving the Lord for 2 years brings the greatest joy and happiness one can experience.

After that we went to my brother Michael's house for a delicious dinner to celebrate Cannon's 14th bday. Holy cow. I am almost an old aunt. This kid was my first nephew and I loved him (still do) so much I couldn't believe it. I felt like he was my baby I loved him so much and have special memories of him as a little baby and little kid. I'll probably never forget the first time I saw him at the Cody airport in his little baby carrier. I knew I had the cutest nephew that there ever was.























































































We're excited to go see our new neice Audrey this weekend and spend some time together as a family. Michael's been working 12 hr shifts and I'm pretty much over that. :)

4 comments:

The Asay's said...

Man, I can't believe we had to miss out on all the parties, with Jared, and having all the Asay niece, and nephews together. Emily you are popping a little baby bump there. Cute stuff.

Kimberly said...

Emily, if I didn't love you I would hate you! :) Our stomachs MATCH and you are like 12 weeks ahead of me! :)

Mark & Shayla said...

You are still so tiny--ah, to be a tall beautiful pregnant lady...must be nice. But mostly I still can't get over the fact that Cannon turned fourteen!!

laura said...

Your family is so beautiful Emily! Your little baby bump is so cute!